The Donald Berman Jewish Eldercare Centre is a long-term care facility that provides comprehensive and compassionate care to the members of the community living with a loss of their physical or cognitive autonomy.
Our mission is to provide the highest possible quality of care and quality of life in a safe and secure homelike environment and according to Jewish tradition and principles.
In order to achieve our mission, we are guided by the following values:
- To treat everyone with respect and dignity while promoting their maximum level of autonomy;
- To promote a personalized interdisciplinary approach addressing the physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs of our residents;
- To involve the residents and their families in all aspects of their care and required services;
- To foster partnerships between our residents, families, volunteers, staff and physicians;
- To ensure a safe and secure homelike environment;
- To provide a safe and secure working environment that encourages continuous learning, research, innovation, personal development and recognition.
As member-institution of the Integrated Health and Social Services University Network (CIUSSS) for West-Central Montreal, the Donald Berman Jewish Eldercare Centre is committed to fulfilling the ideals outlined in the CIUSSS's Statement of Mission and Values and Code of Ethics.
CIUSSS West-Central Montreal makes this commitment in the interests of providing all recipients with the highest quality of health care and social services.
When the healthcare network came into existence in 2015, a shared Statement of Mission and Values was developed by a team representing all of the departments and programs, in collaboration with patients’ representatives.
This initiative, undertaken in order to create a unified vision for CIUSSS West-Central Montreal, was led by the network’s ethicist under the supervision of the Department of Quality, Evaluation, Performance, Ethics and Archives.